You love what you do. The hours, the sweat, the headaches – they all seem worth it somehow because you genuinely enjoy what you do.
But… then there are the biases, the office politics, the microaggressions, the code-switching, and the good ol’ boys who seem to get all the public recognition and the high salaries to go with it.
You’ve fought to prove your worth, put in extra hours, and gone above and beyond – but it feels like no matter what you do, you are still being undervalued.
And you are.
Let me lay it out for you:
- 27% of surveyed black women believe they have the same opportunities for advancement as everyone else, as opposed to 38% of white men and 33% of white women.
- Only 37% of surveyed black women are living comfortably on their own income, while 57% of white men and 46% of white women report the same.
- I’m sure you’ve heard people say the average woman makes $0.77 to a man’s $1, but this is a gross oversimplification. In fact, black women earn an average of $0.63 to a white, non-Hispanic man’s $1.
- Women make up only 8.2% of Fortune 500 CEOs. Women of color? 1.2%.
These numbers are proof of what we experience every day. They quantify the very real barriers and challenges we face.
When I look at these numbers, I see, quite clearly, what happens when we continue to play the game their way.
I don’t know about you, but I’m done with that.
Leadership looks like me, and it looks like you.
And I’m ready for a world where Black women leaders and executives are no longer the exceptions to the rule but part of the status quo AND BEING PAID EQUALLY TO DO SO.
Elevating your brand to influential thought leader status isn’t about ego, book sales, or speaking gigs.
It is about taking back the power that’s been taken from us for too long. It is about using your inherent gifts, unique insights, and experiences to command the money and opportunities you deserve. It is about creating a platform and momentum to extend your hand down to lift the next Black woman up so that she, in turn, can do the same.
We are the movement.
You are the movement, Sis. And our grand rising depends on talented, powerful Black women like you stepping into the spotlight.
This is bigger than just you and me. It’s time for us to show up and show out.
I’ve been working on something just for us. The Seen & Heard Experience is an exclusive, year-long program is curated for high-powered Black women executives (just like you) who want to prosper and thrive beyond the c-suite.
Inside The Seen & Heard Experience, you will:
- Ditch procrastination and finally bring your book to life.
- Unveil your core message to craft and fine-tune your signature speech.
- Master marketing techniques for maximum book sales.
- Learn how to pitch your professional speaking brand.
- Connect and celebrate with your fellow Black executive sisters.
If you’re ready to use your voice and platform to create a true and lasting impact for yourself, your children, and the world, then it’s time to be seen and heard.
Apply to The Seen & Heard Experience today and unapologetically rise up and command your rightful place in the world!
What do you think?